Friday, July 2, 2010

Play Kitchen in Progress


Pic #1
The first pic (if I get it right- Im just starting out at this blogging stuff) Is before I did any disassembling to the table. This is what the inside of the sewing table looked like when you lifted the lid this is where the sewing machine was housed - check out the spiderwebs!

Pic. #2
So, here's a pic of how it's lookin so far. This was taken after I shortened the legs according to Olivia's height, removed the front door, relocated the original top of the table to the "backboard" & replaced the top with a piece of particle board cut to size. The hole that contains the stainless dog bowl is the beginning of the sink. So far I've used about a quart of pink paint. Im waiting for it to dry overnight then I'll coat it with some polyurethane to keep it from chipping. After that I need to "install" the faucet, put in a "window" hang a shelf/pot rack add some accessories & figure out what the heck Im going to make the burners out of (any ideas?) I've seen lots online but nothing I loved. And the last element of the kitchen is going to be a surprise - because Im not sure if it's going to come out right or not. It SHOULD be done by the end of the weekend but we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment